These guidelines are hereby set to enhance internationalization of Soochow University, to provide incentives for excellent international students, and to support those with outstanding academic performance while studying here.
- Foreign students with a status of SCU student do not hold any status of R.O.C. citizens, Overseas Chinese Students, or students from Mainland.
- Those on the list recommended by the Ministry of Education (including freshmen enrolled through MOE's list)
- Foreign students with outstanding academic performance may apply and recommend themselves for the scholarship.
SCU foreign students who complete one full-semester study are required to meet any one of the following first four items and item 5. (excluding students with extended status and are not an ROC citizen, nor overseas Chinese, nor students from Mainland)：
- Graduates with outstanding academic performance must present an academic record from the previous semester showing at least four credit hours (inclusive) of study.
- Undergraduates with outstanding academic performance must present an academic record from the previous semester showing a minimum of credit hours required by SCU.
- Graduates recommended by professors while working on thesis.
- Those on the list recommended by the Ministry of Education.
- Those with no record of disciplinary action of one minor demerit (inclusive) or above while studying at SCU.
Application Periods: April and October.
- Eligible applicants (according to Article III) should submit the following documents to the Office of International & Cross-Strait Academic Exchange within the said periods:
（1）A completed application form
（2）A copy of Student ID
（3）A copy of passport
（4）A copy of transcript
（5）A copy of English or Chinese autobiography
（6）A study plan
（7）A recommendation letter
（8） Other supporting documents
- newly enrolled freshmen who are eligible applicants (according to Article III item II, item III ) should submit the following documents to the Office of International & Cross-Strait Academic Exchange within the said periods:
（1）a completed application form
（2）A copy of the admission letter
（3）Supporting documents; (academic transcript, recommendation letter, etc.)
All the scholarship applications will be reviewed by the Committee of International Exchange.
A recipient (applicant) will be automatically disqualified in the case of a suspension, or discontinuation of schooling.