Purpose: In support of foreign students with outstanding academic performance, these guidelines are hereby stipulated in accordance with the "Guidelines of processing MOE Subsidies to colleges, universities and whose Chinese education entities to provide Scholarships for foreign students" enacted by the Ministry of Education.
Periods: Open for application in both semesters.
1st Semester: late May.
2nd Semester: late November.
- Foreign students studying at SCU.
- Recipients of the "Taiwan Scholarship" from the Ministry of Education are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Undergraduates must present an academic record from the previous semester showing at least nine credit hours (inclusive) of study with a minimum total average of 75 points or above.
Graduate students must present an academic record from the previous semester showing at least four credit hours (inclusive) of study with a minimum total average of 85 points or above.
- With no record of disciplinary action of one minor demerit (inclusive) or above while studying at SCU.
Application Procedure: Eligible applicants should register on the "SCU ecampus" within the said periods, and submit a copy of the application form, transcript of academic records, a photo copy of passport and postal deposit book, and a personal seal to the Office of International and Cross-Strait Academic Exchange.
Scrutiny Criterion: All eligible applicants who file registration and submit all paperwork on schedule will be awarded the scholarship.
- The total sum of scholarship for foreign students each semester shall be half of the yearly subsidy from the Ministry of Education for the scholarship.
- Each grant shall be the total sum available for that semester divided by The number of applicants.
- Each grant shall be given in the lowest denominator of a hundred. Any amount short of a hundred shall be made up by SCU with a request from the Office of International and Cross-Strait Academic Exchange.
- Each appropriation of grants will be for the duration of six months; January to June for the second semester, and July to December for the first semester.
- As of the following month upon graduation or completion of study, a recipient will no longer be eligible for the scholarship.
- A recipient (applicant) will be automatically disqualified in the case of a suspension, or discontinuation of schooling.
A record file of all recipients of the scholarship will be submitted to the Ministry of Education in June and December every year.